BREAKING NEWS!! "Parallelogram" Season has been extended, but time moves fast!
by Amanda Roothman on 28 January
"Time is free, but it is priceless,
You can't own it, but you can use it.
You can't keep it, but you can spend it.
Once you've lost it, you can never get it back."
SARS has extended the Filing Season deadline for Provisional Taxpayers from 29 January 2021 to 15 February 2021.
If you are still scurrying around thinking "I'm glad I learned about PARALLELOGRAMS in high school math instead of how to do my TAXES. It comes in so handy during PARALLELOGRAM season" then stop, breathe and allow #TeamExponentialBrilliance to be your #TaxDivas of choice this tax season!
But do move quickly!
A mere two weeks' time flies in the blink of an eye.
"Better three hours too soon than a minute too late. - William Shakespeare.
#TeamExponentialBrilliance loves deadlines. We like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!! Yes, our ultimate inspiration: The Deadline.
Provisional Taxpayers now have just over two weeks left to the tax filing deadline - 15 February 2021.
Although SARS wishes to convey its sincere and deepest condolences to those affected by Covid 19, they are still very generous with those final demands on collecting taxes.
The 2020-2021 budget went haywire with the pandemic, so you should stop procrastinating!
Procrastination is the bad habit of putting off until the day after tomorrow what should have been done the day before yesterday.
So, if you still have to file your tax return, and don't want to be surprised by a SARS final demand February 16th 2021, then act NOW!
Your to-do list is easy:
- Contact your #TaxDivas of choice.
- Make sure you have received your tax certificates such as:
- IRP5 certificates;
- Your logbook in terms of business kilometres travelled against a travel allowance;
- Medical Aid Certificate;
- Medical expenses not recovered from your medical aid;
- Retirement Annuity Certificates;
- Donations to a Public Benefit Organisation (and you have received a Section 18A certificate, such as the Solidarity Fund);
- Section 12J Venture Capital Company investment deductions (and you have a certificate);
- Expenses against commission income.
- Information pertaining to your personal Assets & Liabilities.
- Leave all the rest to us, we promise to knock the client experience out of the park!
With #TeamExponentialBrilliance, excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution.
It represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.
"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - Walt Disney.